« Coalition for Darfur | Main | In Soviet Russia Spring Breaks You »

March 10, 2005

Power

Last fall I expressed some doubts about the usefulness of Gilette's M3 Power, the vibrating Mach 3 razor. I was wrong.

I finally used the coupon issued forth from the magic Osco coupon machine which entitled me to a free M3 Power and I've now shaved with it twice. I earlier dismissed the M3 Power as an electric razor in disguise and as something that should probably be banned in Alabama.

I still think the M3 Power is likely to corrupt our youth, break down the family structure and lead to a much more clean shaven society, but I also know that I've never had a shave as close or as easy.

With my face, the best way to tell the quality of shave is to run your hand underneath my jaw. There are a couple of places there that are never smooth no matter how hard I've tried. Until now.

Couple the M3 Power with The Body Shop's Shave Cream pour homme. You won't even be able to feel yourself shaving. Well, except for the odd feeling that you're shaving with a sex toy.

Posted by Half-Cocked at March 10, 2005 01:28 AM

Comments

Aahh - gotta love the Body Shop's Cream pour homme. That's good stuff. I must say, however, that I never though you'd gave to the M-Power.
Based on your glowing review, I may have to give it a whirl.

The only issue left for you to tackle under the personal hygiene penumbra is an exposition upon the superiority of Secret deodorant.

Posted by: Kevin at March 10, 2005 10:41 AM

that m3 power thingy caused my husband to become grow facial hair like crazy.... he'd have 5:00 shadow at noon, and before it was difficult for him to get 5:00 shadow at 7pm.... let us know if you have the same problem, or if my husband is some kind of freak

Posted by: anon at March 10, 2005 01:30 PM

having a good spring break? your sister-in-law (i think) wrote something into the ljs today:

Posted by: julee at March 15, 2005 10:49 AM

Indeed, that is my sisinlaw.

Posted by: Steve at March 15, 2005 12:00 PM

It really is the invention that our generation will be remembered for.

Posted by: Soup at March 15, 2005 09:31 PM

Indeed, Soup. I've used the same blade five times now and I still get the same closeness as the first time I used it. And I don't mind the early 5 o'clock shadow predicted by anon, supra, because that just adds to my tough guy reputation.

Posted by: Steve at March 15, 2005 09:42 PM

Kev, Do you still follow my guidance re: Secret? I'm glad. It really is the best anti-perspirant, especially the Ultra. Do you still rub a line of Secret up your back for hot car rides?

Posted by: Steve at March 15, 2005 09:44 PM