CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) is a designation given by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) to recognize experienced Business Analysts. So as to certify, BAs will need to meet certain requirements, submit a detailed application, and prepare for the certification exam based on Company Analysis Book of Knowledge and pass the CBAP test.
Before you think of Preparing and applying for CBAP, verify if you qualify. Eligibility requirements are:
- High School or higher education
- 21 hours of training in Company Analysis field
- 7500 hours of BA expertise over last ten years, spread over six knowledge areas as defined in BABOK, version 2.0
- Two references – One from a supervisor and other from an internal or external client or a CBAP accredited person.
cbap training application form Is available online on IIBA web site. You can complete the application over one or more sessions. Application becomes stored during every session. Application form has these sections:
- Your Contact Information
- Work Experience
- This is the most tedious and complex part of the application. You must supply details on a project basis. If you worked more than 1 project during a calendar year, it can be united.
- You want to offer project name, description, Duration, company information, contact details.
- Then, you want to supply total hours spent on The job and quantity of Non BA hours.
- Last part on experience is a list of BA Activities performed and percent hours spent in that section. Depending on the percentage, IIBA will calculate number of hours spent in six knowledge areas from BABOK. They will validate when you have spent at least 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas.
- Actions are predefined. You Need to pick from the list. The list contains some Non BA tasks too. If you decide on these tasks, these hours will be disqualified.
- it is quite important that you take an overview Of six knowledge areas and activities and techniques within people to understand if your expertise actually pertains to BA actions.
- Six knowledge areas in BABOK are
- Business Analysis Planning and Tracking
- Requirements Communication and Management
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Option Assessment and Validation
- Professional Development
- References – Details of two references.
When you complete reference information, references are sent an email. They should then go online and fill in required particulars as requested by IIBA. It takes up to 21 days to obtain an application approved. For many online programs, approval comes much quicker. Once your application is accepted, you should do two things in parallel. Best Way to Prepare would be to enroll in a training course. You receive structured comprehension, study materials, friends to team up with and sample evaluations. Additionally, it keeps you motivated.